Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- DO NOT EAT ANYTHING FOR AT LEAST 8 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT.
- You may DRINK CLEAR FLUIDS UP UNTIL 4 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT (water, apple juice, clear tea, soda pop, black coffee).
- Bring a responsible adult with you who must remain in our office during surgery and be able to escort you home. An adult must be with you for the day and overnight. A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors.
- Wear short sleeve clothing. No jewelry.
- If you normally take medications in the morning, please take them, but with only a sip of water.
- If you develop a cold or cough during the week before your surgery please call our office.
- Notify us prior to surgery if there have been any changes to your health, or if you may be pregnant.
*Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.