After Adult Anesthesia
It can take up to 24 hours for the full effect of the drugs to wear off and you will be impaired during this period.
- Go to work or do business.
- Make significant decisions of any kind.
- Drive a car or work machinery.
- Travel alone by public transportation.
- Do any strenuous activities.
- Drink alcohol.
- Care for another person such as babies, small children or elderly person.
- Operate or be responsible for any aircraft for 72 hours.
Please note that you are more likely to be confused following anesthesia if you are more than 75 years old or if you take sleeping pills, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes or use street drugs.
You MUST be accompanied home by a responsible adult, who may either drive you home in a car or take you home by taxi, not by bus. A responsible adult must stay with you the rest of the day and throughout the night.